Old September 25th 03, 08:03 AM
Rob Stow

The little lost angel wrote:

On 24 Sep 2003 08:20:01 -0700, (David Taylor)
wrote:
Erm, why not get a good quality long video cable, keyboard cable,
mouse cable. And stick the box in another room? Or wear earmuffs?
:PppP

Actually, at one place I lived there was rather conveniently
a small storage room/pantry adjacent to the room I wanted my
computer in. Being a bachelor, I obviously had no use for a
pantry so ...
I just drilled a 1" hole through the wall to pass my
monitor, keyboard, and mouse cables through - no extensions
needed.

My intention was cooling - the storage room was unheated -
rather than sound muffling , but it obviously worked for
both.

Eventually I also got an external CD drive for the rather
obvious reason :-D And there was obviously a hole in
the wall to patch when I moved out.