Old July 10th 04, 12:25 AM
DaveW

Win 98, be design, can only recognize up to 512 MB of RAM. If you install
more, the system will not be stable.

--
DaveW

"eiurgoleiop" wrote in message
.. .
Hello, I have a 3 ghtz P4 machine with 512meg of dual channel memory

running
windows 98 and windows xp. No problems whatsoever. I recently upgraded

my
memory to 1 gig of the SAME memory (another two 256 dual channel chips).

am know seeing all kinds of problems (blue screens, out of memory msgs,

etc)
in windows 98 while windows xp works perfectly. Is there any possibility
the additional memory could be causing problems in win98? I got the exact
same type/model number of memory (OCZ memory) and it's running in dual
channel mode correctly according to the bios. Any ideas would be
appreciated.