Old April 3rd 04, 07:58 PM
JAD

clear the CMOS unplug and short the jumper

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message
m...

"blah" wrote in message
. au...

snip

Any ideas so I don't have to kick the kid off my system with
the R9800 pro? At least until I can figure whether to replace

it
or find some way to limp along until the next cards are out.

Better Luck;
Ken

P.S. This is getting weirder and weirder, replaced the card with
a R8500 (orig. 64meg model) and still am locking up in 3D.
I can't figure out what, on the motherboard, would be effecting
just the 3D performance.

I have another A7N8X board (a A7N8X-E deluxe) handy,so I'll
be trying that next.

Maybe the AGP slot is on its way out?

Ok, been up all night but it works with the A7N8X-E, so it
was not the R9700 Pro. Guess I'll start another thread over
in the ASUS NG. Thanks everyone, maybe I'll get the old MB
working someday. Still seems odd that the only thing that failed
was the 3D graphics support (whatever that would be) on the MB.
The AGP sounds like a good place to start.

Thanks again;
Ken