Old January 18th 08, 04:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Johnny Ruin

Default pre bios failure

Hi Kony,

Thanks for the elaborate response! The system did have a second hard
drive put in recently. The keyboard flashes continuously - that is,
blinking off/on without ceasing. A quick inspection of the
capacitors didn't reveal anything suspect (but thanks for the tip - I
didn't know that was something to check).
I haven't tried the power supply the tests you suggested yet. I'm
hoping to get to that this weekend. But after that and the re-
seating/CMOS clear stunts I guess that's pretty much the end of the
diagnostic road. Thanks again for your response - after I go
through these last things, if it's still a dead machine I'll at know
I've given it a pretty good shot.