Old July 9th 06, 03:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
ng_reader

Default Bad Lightscribe DVD burner, again!

I have this inexpensive Presario desktop that came bundled with the OEM
Lightscribe DVD burner. That lasted about a month. Piece of junk.

HP-Compaq sent a replacement, a Samsung lightscribe DVD that is making a
very weird but definitely bad, destructive noise.

So, two in less than a year.

Hopefully I call to get my replacement shipped before the warranty is up.

But, big ups to telephone tech support at HP. A; they were courteous, b:
they were knowledgeable c; English was NOT their second language d; they
seemed to be friendly