Old July 12th 16, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

Default ... about using a CD ISO image as a disk drive in win 10

On Sat, 09 Jul 2016 16:08:02 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir
wrote:

Windows 10 lets one mount a CD or DVD ISO image as a drive. Once that
is done access to data on the CD is very fast. Before Win 10 I used
DAEMON Tools to mount a CD for faster access. My question is, do both
methods actually put the data in computer RAM? Or is it temporarily
loaded onto a hard drive? If the latter, is it on the system disk
(C? If it's on the system disk, since mine is a SSD, am I severely
"using up" the life of the SSD?

I wouldn't worry too much about SSD life these days. Unless you're
really abusing it (for example, using it as a cache for the HD) it's
pretty hard to use one up. I make a lot of use of mine, including a
couple of tasks that are a bit on the abusive side--and I'm burning
off the life at about 1%/year.