Old December 26th 09, 02:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DRS

Default Catalyst 9.12 and Star Wars Battlefront II ? HD5770 problems ? Not worth the price ?

"Peter Dassow" wrote in message

It seems to be a big problem, playing Star Wars Battlefront II
(patched to official v1.10) means pain with ATI cards !
I recently changed my graphics card from a nVidia 9800GT to a Sapphire
HD5770 (Vapor-X). That was really disappointing, because I got only a
boost from 12000 to 14000 points at 3DMark 2006, compared to the old
9800GT.

3DMark has long been known to be biased towards Nvidia, so those raw scores
mean nothing.