Old April 23rd 04, 10:34 AM
Justin Barnes

Default AMD Athlon XP2800 overclocking problem

Hi

Gigabyte GA-7S748-l SKT A SIS748 ATX Sound LAN USB 2.0 FSB400 ATA133 Retail
Box
MSI Mx4000-T128 AGP 128MB DDR TV-Out Retail Box
Kingston HYPERX 512 DDR333 PC2700 CL2 Memory Module
AMD Athlon XP2800 333FSB 512kb L2 Cache Barton Retail Boxed Inc Heatsink &
Fan with 3year Warranty

Using easy tune 4
Presently this machine is running at 2600mhz with a system bus of 208mhz
with a divider on the ram therefore ram currently running at 345mhz
therefore it has been overclocked.

Why is it Not running at 2800mhz when I purchased an athlon 2800, what is
the current speed of the machine? I also keep on increasing the system bus
by 1mhz and it just keeps going higher and higher surely there is a limit.

Also these processor water cooling system; any good, and do you real need
one?

Justin