Old February 6th 04, 09:14 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:47:48 +0000, Fidcal
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:49:41 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

You may have to just eat the 5200 and take your custom elsewhere, sad to
say. Having worked in computer retail, I don't hold out much hope of
changing the guy's mind--the people who manage computer stores are
generally dumber than rocks and more stubborn as well--but you may luck
out.

Thanks. This is a bit clearer now and I think the salesman spoke
in good faith but I might have a case for arguing that I did
originally say NOT MX and this FX5200 seems only fractionally
better than the the low end GF4 MX, ie, about that sort of
range. It was a relatively inexpensive card and I can only take
so much hassle before I start wondering if it's worth it. I
should get my brother in law to pursue it. He just grinds away
forever and ever when he feels agrieved until they just give in
to get rid of him!

Wish I'd seen that Tom's Hardware site before - especially that
chart.

Guess I'll sit on the card and accept the loss. I'll try it in
low res when the game comes out to see if it is playable at all
then have a rethink then. By the time the game comes out its
required spec might have gone up anyway as the last report I
heard is already months old.

Thanks for all responses which has been very helpful.

Depending on your local laws, you DO have the right to return the card
or whole computer.

The manager WROTE on your recipt "faster than the GF4" - you can
dispute that. Anyone who knows anything about gaming cards KNOW the
5200fx cards are slow as ****.

The 5200 was always a crap card.... its not acceptable.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!