Old February 6th 04, 02:37 AM
GTX_SlotCar

"Tim W." wrote in message
I realize that I am relying on personal experience rather
than heresay and benchmarks.

and then......

"Tim W." wrote in message
It is a bit better than the fastest GF4 MX cards.

Let's face it, we all rely on benchmarks to some extent. They can be a
valuable tool and save a lot of testing time and a lot of money, not having
to buy all those video cards. We have to judge for ourselves whether or not
the benchmarks seem objective.

I'm not intimating that the FX5200 is a bad card (meaning that it's plagued
with driver issues or lockups or a poor quality display), only that it's
probably not the right card for some of the newer games.

Gary

--

Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com