Old June 13th 11, 03:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Default Motherboard/PC not booting when no monitor connected ?!? (or switch connections ?)

"Paul" wrote in message ...

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I switched my monitor from GT 520 graphics card to integrated graphics
RADEON 3300 chip/monitor connector.

So there are two hdmi connectors.

I noticed how the computer appeared to refuse to boot when there was no
monitor connected ?!?

Is that normal ? Is this a new kind of motherboard feature ?

(Perhaps it's a conspiracy People trying to boot "planks" with
"beeps" will think it's dead and buy a new one ! =))

Bye,
Skybuck.

"
Another setting you would have been able to try, would be

"Halt On" [No Errors]

but your Asrock BIOS doesn't have that option. Perhaps
you could bypass a video problem, with a setting like that,
but it isn't available according to the manual. Take a
look through your BIOS screens, to see if it actually exists.
"

Good idea, I booted the pc into the bios, and there is an option called:

Boot Failure Guard [enabled]
Boot Failure Guard Count [3]

So this looks suspicious and might be the reason why it didn’t boot without
a monitor attached.

Bye,
Skybuck.