Old December 21st 03, 11:06 AM
Chip

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Chip wrote:
"§unnyß©" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:34:07 -0000, "Chip"
wrote:

"§unnyß©" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:21:36 -0000, "Chip"
wrote:

"joef" wrote in message

"ElJerid" wrote in message

"EzAk" wrote in message
ok whats the deal he

bios stats
system temp: 46c/114f
cpu surface temp: 38c/100f
cpu core temp: 42c/107f

hardware doctor
system 46
cpu 38.00 - 38.50

system is:
Zalman cnps 7000A-Cu *copper*
Barton 2500+ WEEK 33 (unlocked)
3200 ddr 400 512
ATI 9800 PRO 128mb
60gb Maxtor
160gb Maxtor
Plexwriter (12X1032) AND (52X32X52)
NSpire 300w
Chen Ming ATX-601 AE case

There is a problem with your case ventilation. Are there any
fans in it? The two hard disks plus the 9800 Pro dissipate a
lot of heat

that
has to
be
extracted. You should have one or two fans blowing into the case

and
one
on
top of the psu fan(s) extracting the hot air from the case.

My sysoft sandra confuses the system and cpu readings - ie
they're swapped. Could be your problem. Does the system temp
rise quickly from cold? This might indicate same thing happening.

This *is* the problem. It is against the laws of Physics for the
system temp to be higher than the CPU temp. (Unless he's using a
pelt, or has a heater in the case.... which I doubt somehow.)

Chip.

My system temp is usually higher than my CPU temp.
AMD 2100+ "B" at 2350Mhz (173.9x13.5)
1.85 vcore
CPU temp is 19c / System temp is 20c
At 6:00 AM this morning the CPU temp was 15c / System 19c

What, with the PC switched off ;-)

Seriously I don't buy those temps.

At 1.85 core your CPU is producing about 80w under load. Assuming
the ambient air around the CPU is only 5c!!! (which is very very
very very unlikely), then you would need a hs that can do 0.125 C/W
to maintain a 15C CPU temp. This is twice as good as a
Thermalright SLK900 can manage with a 5500rpm 80mm fan (0.22C/W).
i.e. What I am saying it is completely impossible with air cooling
to maintain a CPU temp of 15C.

Something is seriously wrong with your sensors.

Chip.

I tried to post a screenshot but I guess my provider won't let it go
through. The following is a copy of the SiSandra CPU/BIOS info as of
five minutes ago. Irrelevant stuff left intact.

I have 4 comments.

1. Your CPU temp shows 20C, not 15C as you originally said

Uhh, dude, learn to read. Several lines above your post he says that his

CPU
temp at 6am was 15°, at time of writing 19°.
--
~misfit~

Uhh dude why don't you learn to *think*.

I questioned his 15C comment. So he replies with "evidence" showing 20C.
WTF use is that?

Chip.