Old December 17th 03, 11:46 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Pat Conover" wrote:

OJ III, I'm not worried about not having enough CPU HP, I have a 2.4 Ghz P4,
with XP Home SP1 and 768 MB Ram. Sounds like I'll give it a go...after
doing a restore point. Thanks to all who responded, Pat

Heh. The wording of your "shoot myself in the old CPU" comment led me
astray. I thought you were indicating you had an older machine with a
PIII, PII, P100, or, heavens forfend, an x86 CPU. ;-

Noting another's comments here on codecs, yes, even WMP 9 doesn't
necessarily come with all the codecs that might pop up in your travels
in cyberspace, I've both had to update it with a freebie codec pack
from divx and get one specific third-party "for pay" codec to read
some things I've come across.

[For those interested in codecs, the freebie pack was from
http://www.divx.com/divx/, their freebie 5.0.5b bundle {now up to
5.1.1}, and the third-party "for pay" one was an MPEG-4 codec, now
possibly included in the divx.com 5.1.1 bundle. I did a 30-day trial
download, but have never run across another since the trial expired.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.