Old December 30th 03, 08:53 PM
Doc

John typed this:

"Doc" wrote in message
news:Bc5Ib.232390$_M.1022904@attbi_s54...

Big Daddy typed this:

on Mon December 29 2003 2:25 pm, Doc decided to enlighten us with:

Had this GB 8IRXP since the 'reboot' problems and so far I'm
okay with 'shutting down' instead of 'restarting'. It is a bit
long in the tooth but I cannot afford to replace it yet.
I've got a 1.6 OCed to 2.4 (FSB at 150) but the DDR is 2100 (good
stuff from Mushkin) and won't do the full 150... have it asynched
and WANT to upgrade to a couple of 512 sticks that WILL do synch at
150 (not taking advantage of full bandwidth).

I assume you didn't upgrade your BIOS to the one that crippled the

voltage

adjustment? I've never heard of anyone getting an FSB that high on this
board. I remember people complaining about needing 1.85 volts to be

stable
at 133 MHz.

I have the same board, but I'm not as enthusiastic about overclocking. I
have a 110 MHz FSB, but I've had it as high as 125. I have F9 BIOS,

though

and can't get to 1.85 volts to really make it shine.

I understand that the F3 BIOS could reach it without reboot problems.

I am only advancing the Clock to 1.75, no more. Stable as can be...
Will look into better RAM that will run at the 2.66 setting and not just
the 2.0.. thanks.

This board doesn't have bus locking. Once you get above 150 FSB you should
consider
changing the AGP/PCI ratios (can't remember what it's called in the bios).
The AGP/PCI
speeds are only in spec at 133 and 166 FSB. 150 is the midpoint...

Right. I'm not going any higher for the FSB, just the memory multiplier.
Still looking for the right RAM... OCZ maybe or the newest Mushkin...
have to see. Thanks.
--
Rich "Doc" Colley

mailto: