Old December 30th 03, 03:14 AM
Doc

Big Daddy typed this:
on Mon December 29 2003 2:25 pm, Doc decided to enlighten us with:

Had this GB 8IRXP since the 'reboot' problems and so far I'm
okay with 'shutting down' instead of 'restarting'. It is a bit
long in the tooth but I cannot afford to replace it yet.

I've got a 1.6 OCed to 2.4 (FSB at 150) but the DDR is 2100 (good
stuff from Mushkin) and won't do the full 150... have it asynched
and WANT to upgrade to a couple of 512 sticks that WILL do synch at
150 (not taking advantage of full bandwidth).

I assume you didn't upgrade your BIOS to the one that crippled the voltage
adjustment? I've never heard of anyone getting an FSB that high on this
board. I remember people complaining about needing 1.85 volts to be stable
at 133 MHz.

I have the same board, but I'm not as enthusiastic about overclocking. I
have a 110 MHz FSB, but I've had it as high as 125. I have F9 BIOS, though
and can't get to 1.85 volts to really make it shine.

I understand that the F3 BIOS could reach it without reboot problems.

I am only advancing the Clock to 1.75, no more. Stable as can be...
Will look into better RAM that will run at the 2.66 setting and not just
the 2.0.. thanks.

--
Rich "Doc" Colley

mailto: