Old November 1st 03, 06:39 PM
OldBoy

"Shepİ" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:58:53 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Tomas"
wrote :

Hi!

I have a big problem with a Compaq EVO D310 and a ASUS V9180

Magic/Geforce 4
MX440 (AGP). There's an integrated graphics interface at the motherboard

of
the Compaq that probably refuses me to install anything new cards. I have
tried to plug in the new graphics card to the compaq but it does not work

in
*any* way. I have done everything from resetting CMOS to upgrade the

bios -
as told in the manual. Nothing works. Is there any way to disable the old
graphics interface so I can use the new card? Really - nothing works for

me.

When I start the compaq with the new graphics card I get a signal - 1

long
signal and 2 shorts - which means that the graphics adaptor missing or is
installed in the wrong way. Suggestions from the manual was to reset CMOS
etc. That did'nt work out for me either.

I tried to install the card on two different machines and get the same
problem.

What can I do? Help me!

Regards
Tomas

This is the problem with Proprietary machines like Compaqs.See if
there are any jumpers on the board that can disable it but the best
option is to sell the system and build your own IMHO.

IMNSHO: bull.
I have a EVO D410 MT (Motherboard MS-6541 ver.1.0) and an ASUS VD9180TD
(AGP) in great working order. No problems whatsoever installing te card.

Gr. Jan