Old January 12th 04, 02:21 AM
ICee

GlueGum wrote:
On my new Athlon 2100+ system (oc'ed to about 2.1g) I occassionaly
get a blue screen with a bunch of white letter on XP that
automatically reboots my system. This usually happens when I'm using
a program (a game, a CD burner, etc.) The code is something like
0x0000000D1.

I went to the event log and it said it was a TrueVector problem.
TrueVector being Zonealarm, I unistalled it. The same problem
happened again, only this time it was blamed on Volume Shadow Copy.

I ran memtest86 for like 10 hours (watching the playoff games) and it
reported no errors.

Is the overclocking causing this? Should I back off a little bit?
Or has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Thanks.

Yes, overclocking is very likely causing it. Back it down (or increase
the core voltage a bit) and run Prime95 to check for stability. Prime95
actually stresses the whole system, so it's an excellent program to test
stability. It should run for hours without any error.
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Douglas Adams