Old January 12th 04, 02:50 AM
GlueGum

Default Overclocking causing XP blue screen of death?

On my new Athlon 2100+ system (oc'ed to about 2.1g) I occassionaly get a
blue screen with a bunch of white letter on XP that automatically reboots my
system. This usually happens when I'm using a program (a game, a CD burner,
etc.) The code is something like 0x0000000D1.

I went to the event log and it said it was a TrueVector problem. TrueVector
being Zonealarm, I unistalled it. The same problem happened again, only
this time it was blamed on Volume Shadow Copy.

I ran memtest86 for like 10 hours (watching the playoff games) and it
reported no errors.

Is the overclocking causing this? Should I back off a little bit? Or has
anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Thanks.