Old April 5th 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam

Default capGrabFrame halting my program

I use VFW (c++) and successfully connect to my webcam. I grab an image
and display it in my OpenGL-window next to a standard spinning 3D-cube.
Works great, but the framerate of the entire program is reduced to that
of the camera (witch is 7 fps). I discovered that the macro
capGrabImage(HWND) is halting my program as it waits for an image to be
recieved from the webcam. I figured it would fix the problem if I just
moved the macro out in its own thread, but no. Still halting my
program. I can't show of impressive graphics at 7 fps!

Does anyone know how I can keep running my program while capGrabFrame
waits for an Image?

Any help is appreciated!