Old January 30th 05, 02:01 AM
Shepİ

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:57:46 +0100 Not alowing their prejudice to rule
their future "I.C. Koets" wrote :

"Trentİ" wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:47:50 +0100, "I.C. Koets"
wrote:

I have a problem that quite frankly baffles me, so I might not tell it right
since I have no clue what is actually going on.

I built myself a new PC:

Asus P5GD1 motherboard (Intel 915P chipset)
2 WD harddisks, a NEC dvd/cd rw
Nvidia GeForce 6200 video card (PCIx)
Hauppauge WinTV Go! TV card

The very first thing you should do is update the BIOS.

Many of the newer boards are manufactured with just the very basic in
features. The full use of the board comes into play with a BIOS
upgrade.

I already did. It doesn't seem to help.

The win98 Install was corrupted.Do a correct,"Over-install/Repair" as
per,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/repair.html
I the problem continues look to a faulty RAM stick.Don't! use software
ram programs that you can download off the net as they are
useless.Just take a stick out and use the other and vice versa even in
different slots.
Also suspect the actual Win98 CD being damaged or having finger prints
on it.You can clean it in the sink with a bit of washing up liquid and
luke warm water and then dry off with some lint free tissue.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply