Old August 9th 04, 01:30 PM
Ben Myers

With a few exceptions, Win ME drivers also work on Win 98... Ben Myers

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 06:10:55 -0400, "HH" wrote:

Going backwards in operating systems (the PC shipped with WinMe) is always
iffy, driver-wise. Compaq almost never supplies drivers for an OS of earlier
vintage than what shipped on the PC. If you must do it, you may need to
install a different modem.

HH

"AberTech" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario desktop PC (5WV250) that I've installed Windows

98
on. The drivers that I have tried from modem-drivers.com and
driverguide.com haven't worked. A bootable linux distro identified it as

a:
'Conexant HCF 56k Data/Fax GVC Corporation Compaq Scooter'.

Any Presario 5000 owners with Win98 kind enough to let me know where I can
download a working driver for this?

Many TIA.