Old December 10th 03, 01:16 AM
Vellu

Perhaps your motherboard only supports AGP4x? AGP8x is quite a new thing...
And I doubt it would give a big performance boost anyway.

The large battles are extremely heavy for both graphic card and net
bandwidth...I suggest you dial down on eye candy for those. As to getting a
faster internet connection only your ISP can help with that; the speed is
what you pay for, not much can be done to optimize that.

"Deckhead" wrote in message
om...
I have purchased a Powercolor Radeon 9600pro 256mb 8x agp. Why can I
not get 8x? All I can get is 4X. Also, I play Planetside a lot. I
have a 2 ghz P4 with 768mb of ddr Ram and a Dsl internet connection
from Bellsouth. Do you have any suggestions as to what settings I
need to run for optimum performance? I'm getting about 80 fps in sanc
and 15-30 in large battles. Thanks for any help on any of the
questions.