Old October 31st 04, 11:28 AM
John Doe

"MustKillMoe-Wheee!" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
"MustKillMoe-Wheee!" wrote:

My friend has 128mb at pc2100. I want to buy him a 512 pc2700 that's
on sale. Should I take out the 2100 ram entirely?

If he is using Windows XP, maybe not.
If he is using Windows 98 or Millennium, then he won't be able to use
more than 512MB anyway.
How much ram you can use depends on your hardware and software. The
512MB is a lot for most Windows personal computers, in my opinion.

Sorry for the lack of info. He's using XP Home Ed. I read somewhere
that if you use pc2100 and pc2700 ram at the same time, the 2700 ram
will be brought down to 2100 speeds. That's why I was wondering if the
extra 128 is worth it for only having 2100 speed.

Does that have something to do with whether or not you're going to buy
more memory? I would think that PC2700 on sale would be no more than
PC2100. Yes you should buy it.

Running Windows XP with 512MB or 640MB is a huge improvement over 128MB.