Old January 31st 21, 01:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Paul[_28_]

Default My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

Ant wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
Oh, I got netfx_setupverifier v6.0.3790 (7/31/2015) downloaded. Its
verification results said error code 0 for all of its detected versions:
2.0 SP2
3.0 SP2
3.5 SP1
4 Client
4 Full
4.5

I guess no v4.8 since it is newer.
So it's not really a damaged .net then.
Is that your conclusion ?
Maybe? .NET checker said everything looked OK.

Have you checked Event Viewer for an application error ?
I can't find anything interesting except that ACEEventLog that I showed
in https://pastebin.com/raw/MBJP13hc in my original post.

Your problem is font related, to start with.

Something to check here.

https://faithlife.codes/blog/2009/11...f_application/

"We traced this to having an illegal path char
in one of the fonts listed in the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

registry key. To reproduce the problem, you can
simply edit one of those values on your own machine
and add a colon, pipe, or any other illegal path
character to one of the values. Now, any WPF application
on your system will crash as soon as it attempts
to display its first UI."

I don't see anything invalid? Just lots of fonts and some very old ones
from 1998?!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"Arial (TrueType)"="arial.ttf"

"Unispace-Bold (TrueType)"="unispace bd.ttf"

Directory of c:\windows\fonts

06/10/2009 12:43 PM 10,976 8514fix.fon

01/22/2002 03:22 PM 35,328 WINGDNG3.TTF

I might try debugging this with Process Monitor, just to see
if all the fonts in the font directory are being opened.

The list seems to be all local fonts stored in the canonical folder c:\windows\fonts .

I would think back to which font file was added last,
as that might well be the bad one.

There are WPF programs available in source form, which
display fonts. Since I happened to be installing VS2019 Community
anyway, this made an opportunity to import a .sln and
use the program to try it out. At first the program didn't
run, because Windows 10 didn't have optional .NET 3.5 installed,
but after I used Windows Features, it started to work.
It was the usual thing, with misleading error messages, leaving
you to guess at the root cause.

https://i.postimg.cc/VNSMVVX2/font-test-wpf.gif

Paul