Old January 28th 21, 05:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Ant[_3_]

Default My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

Hello.

I can't open my old ATI/AMD Radeon 4870 (512 MB of VRAM)'s video card driver
(13-9-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe)'s Catalyst Control Center GUI (still
can run its background install location\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe process
though) in my over decade old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC. It used to work a few
months ago though so something broke. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and
reinstalling AMD driver+CCC suite into a new directory, but it still didn't work.

I still can extend and unextend my 1920x1080 desktop to my secondary old dumb
21.5" Samsung SyncMaster T22B350ND HDTV with my primary 23.6" 16:9 1920x1080
pixels ASUS VS247H-P monitor. Both video connections are using DVI-VGA adapters
and VGA cables via an old Y2K OmniCube KVM. I don't think it is a hardware issue.

http://pastebin.com/raw/MBJP13hc for my detailed event logs and opening about
showing a crash with an unhandled exception with MS .NET Framework. What's the
problem? Is it my .NET? Something else? I hope I don't have to reinstall my W7
from scratch to get it back.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.
--
ZzzZzz and so cold!
| |o o| |