Old January 19th 09, 05:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte
pokey man

Default EP45-UD3P motherboard , freezer 7 pro HSF fan will NOT spin on power-up??

"Robert Blass" wrote in message

Freezer 7 Pro HSF Cooler: Fan will not spin on computer power on?

I've let it go as long as 10 whole seconds before giving up and
turning the power OFF again.

It does this little bump, back and forth, maybe 1/10th of a turn and
then nothing at all. The heatsink on this thing is enormous but
wouldn't the fan not spinning cause serious damage to the cpu?

I've been told by some people in forums that it's 'normal' for that
model to not spin for many seconds during a boot. I've never heard of
a hsf who's fan didn't start immediately upon power being turned on
either.

It's a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard with a qaud-core Q9400 on it.

If anyone can assit I'd be thankful..

REMOVE IT PRONTO AND EITHER RMA IT OR JUNK IT DO NOT USE THIS COOLER..SEE
THE REVIEWS

and they bought this cooler... saw fan failure after fan fail right out of
box.. one guy's cpu was at 245 F!

Pokeyman