Old February 8th 16, 03:17 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

Default USB file formats for HP and Epson

From: "Dave Boland"

Nice that you finally put the actual spec you want in words:

What I understand is that printers used to have post script
interpreters in them, and pdf would be no harder. FWIW, I'm not
looking for a cheap printer, which you don't seem to grasp. This is a
printer that will be used by Linux, Win xx, and Apple computers. So,
yes, I do expect better than I have found.

So you want an interpreter on your printer that understands PDF. Great,
then do a search of the available printers and their specs, and see
which ones have such high end capabilities natively or via emulation.
--
NNTP on Emacs 24.3 from Windows 7