Old February 21st 21, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
skybuck2000

Default Windows 7 Themes, Visual Effects and Desktop Composition.

I am not sure, but it might be that the new aero theme has the windows explorer font settings stuck on BOLD and it cannot be changed, then again maybe there is some registry setting that changes it I can remember doing that somehow for the classic theme but maybe my memory is wrong on that... It's laughable thinking that people are stuck with that horrible bold font setting, same in windows 10 ?! YIKES. Maybe I want to keep my old computers a BIT LONGER LOL.

I can't find anything right now with google, maybe it's in some obscure site somewhere I will check my drive to see if I can find any solution

This post has a link to some engineer at microsoft claiming it's hard coded:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-030a7f1e0e65
"

Windows 7 font stuck on bold?
So I have clicked default fonts and tried changing every default font to SenseUI (normal) but it still comes on bold or italic on some places. As far I can see, I think this is the Tahoma font. No matter what I do, it stays bold or on some places italic. I tried doing the default fonts thing but that didnt help. I am running Windows 7 64 bit Intel i3.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Replies (8) 
CmdrKeene
CmdrKeene

MVP |
Volunteer Moderator |
Article Author

According to the engineers' blog about this on http://blogs.msdn.com/e7, some elements of the Windows 7 interface, especially when using Aero themes, are hard-coded to use a specific font and style to preserve the intended ascetic. ClearType, which can sometimes result in a bold appearance (especially on CRT tube monitors), is also hard-coded into the interface in some areas. Do you think these may be attributing to the behavior you see?

If not, could you take a screenshot for us?
"

Bye for now,
Skybuck.