Old February 21st 21, 10:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
skybuck2000

Default Windows 7 Themes, Visual Effects and Desktop Composition.

Well so far I did some testing by observing task manager and gpu-z.

I dragged some windows explorer windows...

I do notice that in theme mode the drag box renders a bit quicker/faster more smooth... and perhaps the window movement is slightly more smooth but it doesn't matter much.

GPU-z reports 6% gpu usage in theme mode and 3% usage in classic mode.

So far I prefer classic mode it's cleaner, plus I set some special fonts which are easier to read.

Ofcourse I saved my themes =D I still know how to set them up sort of... but I ll check just incase and describe it he

All fonts are set to tomaha and size 9, except Palette title.

After this post I will go back to experimentation and try to create the ultimate aero mode by setting these fonts and such... to see how it looks

Also no font smooth for crispy clear text and such.

I think I already disabled that in the aero theme by not sure, the fonts still looked a bit too smooth, perhaps true type setting have to be reset after changing theme not yet sure...

See ya !

Bye for now,
Skybuck.