Old August 27th 17, 09:52 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
pjp[_5_]

Default Is 32-bit okay for 53bit or not?

In article , NONONOmisc07
@bigfoot.com says...

1)Shouldn't I be able to buy an OEM CD (DVD??) that includes all the
drivers for this laptop. It has a DVD drive. The only CDs I've found
so par are created by 3rd parties**. Or were these laptops sold
commercially so there were only a few CDs for 100 laptops?

**And I'm pretty sure they just gather all the files I have found,
irrespective of the paradoxical nature of the pages they come from.

2) The new laptop Dell Latitude E4300 has a FnF key marked DCP, Dell
Control Point. Pursuing that, I find

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...driverId=WR2GG

which says "This package provides the Dell ControlPoint System
Application and is supported on OptiPlex, XPS Notebook, Tablet, Latitude
and Precision models that are running the following Windows Operating
Systems: Vista (32-bit) and Windows 7 (32-bit)."

Alas, I have 64-bit, but further down it says "Format Description: Dell
Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 32bit format have been
designed to run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. Dell
Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 64bit format will only run on
Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. When selecting a device
driver update be sure to select the one that is appropriate for your
operating system."

Yet even farther down it says
" Supported Operating Systems Windows 7, 32-bit Windows Vista, 32-bit "

So if I have 64-bit, can I use this????
I added 64-bit to the search terms, but because of this language, I pick
up all these ambiguous pages and haven't found anything recommended for
64 yet.

This page, for another part of the system, uses the same paradoxical
language
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...driverId=0KRP3

This page uses similar paradoxical language except it's for winXP
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...driverId=RGK9G

This page, which is only for 3 models, for XP, Vista, and 7, uses
similar paradoxical language but ends differently:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...driverId=RY9W7

If there's a 64 bit version then try it else try the 32 bit one. To the
best of my knowledge 64 bit system runs 32 bit code fine, 32 bit system
can't run 64 bit code.