Old January 30th 04, 08:30 PM
Paul L

"kony" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:42:53 GMT, "Paul L"
wrote:

I dont think so, the raid card is 2x price of the mb, and unless you use

the
same chipset, good luck getting xp to run correctly

Hardly.

RAID cards can be had for $17, it has nothing to do with same chipset
as it applies here, which was only a question of whether to switch
boards to GET the onboard raid, or rather to keep same chipset.

It is not difficult to get XP running with a different chipset, a RAID
card, or whatever... don't let XP lull you into a daze, take control
of your PC and learn how to configure it.

what can I tell you, 2 years ago they were about $100, they have come down
quite a bit

I was referring to the mb chipset, not the raid card

sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I wouldn't recommend it