Old April 19th 04, 01:21 AM
dluxea

If it was my card, I would use an ohmmeter, to check whether TYPEDET
is connected to GND on the video card via a direct short. A little
piece of wire soldered to the right two points would help ensure

the
card is sending a good level to the motherboard. This is not an

hello again.
I tried to fight msi, but it gave me no results. they didn't read my
emails thoroughly and I got irritated so I didn't respond.
at this point I read your emails and the links you entered quite a few
times
trying to figure out what to do with the video card. I examined both
gef3 and gef4, both by msi, the first one works in the asus mobos and
the 2nd one doesn't. this is what happened:
I flipped both of the cards upside down. got an ohmometer and tried
to put one pen on a2 which is typedet# and the other on the grounding
just as they showed it he
http://www.hardtecs4u.com/reviews/20...x_e/index3.php
gef4: there was no signal and it measured nothing
gef3: there was a signal and the meter read 4.5 5.0 of something.
I'm not familiar on with what it read, I'm no engineer.

the idea of running a wire is kool with me but if the pin on the
right, next to typedet# is ground it should give me the same sound
when I made the connection to the bracket of the video card. neither
of the cards did.
forgive me, but the pins are so small, if I do it, I have to do it
once and do it right.
would it be ok to run a small wire from a2 to the bracket of video
card ? would it give the same effect ?

thank you again.
Jack