Old April 8th 04, 04:41 PM
dluxea

Default msi ti 4600 & asus p4c800e deluxe no powerup

hello,
in short: I have the above hardware and the motherboard refuses to
powerup (at all) with this video card in.

full story: I used this video card with an abit vp6 motherboard and it
worked great after sorting out the drivers issues. recently I decided
to upgrade to an asus p4c800e deluxe mobo.
the specs:
asus p4c800e deluxe, pentium 4 3.2ghz, kingston 1gb memory, video msi
geforce 4 ti 4600 vtd, toshiba dvd rom, sony dvd rw, ibm 20g hd, wd
120g hd, enermax 430 watt psu, hitachi 630 crt monitor, case and psu
fans are connected to the pins on the motherboard.

so now, let me try to explain what exactly happens. I also have a msi
geforce3 and an ati pci video cards that the system boots up with
fine. the geforce 4 works fine in the abit vp6 mobo but refuses to
work in asus p4c800edlx and asus p4b533.
I tried to trouble shoot before posting and I can't come to a
resolution. after reading the manuals, the 2nd asus mobo lights up a
red led on it, which, going with the manual, says that the card is
3.3v. so I figure that both of the asus mbs recognize this card as if
it was 3.3v. yet I know the geforce4 is a 1.5v, it's keyed for 1.5v
and it also works flawlessly in the abit vp6 mobo.
On the other hand the asus pc probe shows that the agp slot supports
3.3v. I don't have any other cards plugged in any of the pci slots.
I tried booting up with just the video card and it just refuses to
powerup. the p4c800edlx lights up a green led to show the atx+5v runs
through the mobo but when I press the power button nothing happens.
I wrote to supports@msi on 2apr2004-no response yet, I contacted asus
but they keep repeating exactly what I write to them, after 3 emails
with them they said: yes looks like it doesn't work.
I upgraded to the latest bioses and drivers, it looks that there has
got to be some kind hardware conflict which I don't understand
exactly. I bought this msi geforce4 card over a year ago and it cost
me $450 so I don't really feel like getting another video card.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions as to what I should do.
thank you.