Old April 18th 04, 01:47 PM
Dimitris

"balo" wrote in message ...
ok good news, when I took the cover off the box the temperature dropped! .

Easytune4 show this temperatu
System: 37 C
CPU : 60 C

When I check the BIOS its the same temperature readings.

The adjustable cpu fan is making alot of noise with 4000rpm , when I reduce
the fan speed to 3000rpm the cpu temp only change 1 degree up to 61 C
And the fastest speed (when its making alot of noise!) 5000rpm CPU is down
to 58 C

Hope to solve this problem with another case fan , I have checked the
heatsink and its attached properly so the only problem there is perhaps the
thermal paste.....?

Thanks
balo

Well even the best thermal paste wont help if there isnt good air flow
inside your case. Thermal paste is a very good passive heat-transfer
medium between parts that have different temperatures i.e your cpu and
your heatsink. If there isnt good airflow inside your case the
heatsink cannot be cooled properly because the fan above it sends
quite hot air. As a result the temperature of heatsink is getting
close to that of your cpu, thus the passive heat transfer(which works
from the hottest to the coolest) cannot work.

Put at least one fan in the front and two fans in the rear. Arrange
the cables so as to reduce air blocking/curling phenomena. The new
round ATA cables help alot but are abit more expensive.