Old June 29th 04, 07:23 PM
Dark Avenger

Larry Roberts wrote in
:

On 28 Jun 2004 15:46:17 GMT, (Dark Avenger) wrote:

"SLIisBACK" wrote in
:

http://media.hardwareanalysis.com/ar...arge/11206.jpg
http://media.hardwareanalysis.com/ar...arge/11208.jpg
http://media.hardwareanalysis.com/ar...arge/11207.jpg

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1728/

_______________________________________________ ________________________
__ ___ ___
Nvidia SLI, SLI's back with a vengeance Jun 28, 2004, 07:30 AM

By the time this setup's price would come into most of the
game player's budget, the next great videocard chipset would hit the
market, boosting performance to rival, or surpass the dual card setup.
Unless the mainboard manufactuers start producing desktop mainnboards
with dual PCI-X slots, I don't see this as something that will take
off in the home user market.
Hell... By the time dual 12MB Voodoo2 SLI cards came into my
price range, the GF2 cards where dominating, and the GF3 cards where
about to hit the market.

Well, that indeed is a point.. why spend so much money... I guess it's for
bragging rights... to say that you are the fastest bitch on the market FOR
THAT MOMENT.

Yup, I know people like htat...gamers... hardcore gamers...go for nothing
less then the fastest... and see their moneys worth plummit in mere
months...

I self, well I buy products..when they are on good price... a price I am
willing to pay... I guess the most expensive thing about my rig is the
memory... 1 Gb of PC3200 DDR... Kingstong also ( not hyperX though ) ... so
even there I didn't invest to much..