Old June 13th 06, 01:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Thoughts on Vista

"johns" wrote in message
oups.com...

Have to agree with Mike. Vista is not ready at all.
Every other program or game I installed failed in
some way. Syberia II had poor stuttering sound.
The hard drive is running constantly. Far Cry
stutters because the hard drive is turned on
constantly. CoD2 same problem .. video looks
fine, but stutters.

Saw something similar with the Microsoft video drivers. See if there are
beta drivers available from the chipset manufacturer for your video card
(ati, nvidia). Ironically, the install went smoother on the system with the
ATI card. I'd read elsewhere that nvidia cards work better on Vista.
Ummmmm, well, not with the Microsoft drivers, they don't. -Dave