Old January 31st 06, 06:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Needed: Cleaning fluid to "Unclog Printhead" of Canon Inkjet Printer

In article I0CDf.494490$ki.384953@pd7tw2no, "Noozer"
wrote:

"Ulrich Sudhaus" wrote in message

Can somebody point me to a supplier (in Australia) of cleaning &
unplugging fluid for a Canon All-in-One inkjet printhead. Warm water
flushing showed some improvement but not enough.
The local "Canon" dealer quoted a price of A$ 158 a replacement
printhead!

Ammonia works well... Not straight.

Just use a glass cleaner with ammonia and let the printhead soak in it for a
few minutes, or take an empty ink cartridge and refill with cleaner.

Window cleaner has polishing compounds in it. If you want ammonia,
you can buy it concentrated. I have a bottle of "Old Dutch" ammonia,
and mix it about 50mL per liter of tap water, for cleaning windows.
At least that doesn't have any shine compounds in it. And one bottle
lasts forever.

This article...
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29309

mentions this compound:

http://www.kalvins.com/cic/product.p...d+Head+Cleaner

but using the name printed on the bottle they were selling, took
me here. The claim is, the inkjet fluid is water, or can be 5%
ethanol, and can be cleaned with 10% ammonia. So no need to buy
expensive "boutique" cleaner.

http://inksalesplus.com.au/page/shop/faq3.html

Paul