Old July 17th 06, 02:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
M J Dowden

Default Zip drive on Proliant 3000?

In article ,
"Phil" wrote:

Also when people ask these questions sometimes they are not totally accurate
in the presentation of the question or related facts.
It's not like we can see with our own eyeballs, so to speak. Often a minor
mistake in their statement or an assumption on their part would yield an
altogether different answer. Who knows, he could have failed to plug in the
power to the device. That was the basis for what I said.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I feel pretty comfortable with the
accuracy of the description of the problem. The unit is definitely
powered, as the light blinks at power-on. I simply moved the SCSI cable
from the HP tape drive to the Iomega Zip drive. The tape drive wasn't
terminated, but worked fine, and now the Zip drive isn't either (I tried
both jumper settings). I'm inclined to agree that the Compaq BIOS
doesn't know what a Zip is and that that is probably the entire problem.
The oddest part is that Smart Start doesn't list it as an attached SCSI
device.

Thanks again.