Old July 16th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jeffrey Alsip

Default Zip drive on Proliant 3000?

M J Dowden wrote:
Jeffrey Alsip wrote:

Have you made sure that the SCSI port is terminated? The DDS drives are
(for the most part) self terminating...but your Zip drive is not. You
need a SCSI cable with an active terminator on the end.

The Zip drive has a jumper for termination. I have tried it with the
jumper on and with the jumper off. No luck either way.

Try a terminated cable. It's possible that one is still tucked inside
of your 3000. Pull out the drive tray and look against the inside back
wall...the machine comes with one tucked away for future use.

I have never specifically tried to put a Zip drive in my 3000's, but I
have installed several SCSI CD Drives (using the terminated cable)
without any problems.

Jeff