Old September 10th 03, 11:20 AM
Ben Pope

methylenedioxy wrote:
I'm just wondering what card you have? I don't run ANY games at less
than 6XAA and they run superb (apart from command and conquer
generals that is, but that's badly coded anyway, could have a super
super system and it wouldn't run)

I'm using a Crucial 9800 Pro.

I've only really played a couple of games... GTA Vice City and Splinter
Cell, both at 1600x1200 with 6xAA and 8xAF, and everything set to quality
and no slow downs whatsoever. Some of the scenes in Splinter Cell are very
pretty - some really nice lighting effects - haven't played it very much to
be honest.

That was when I had my XP2500 at 200MHz x 11 - it's at default at the
moment, pending troubleshooting of the occasional error in Prime95. I don't
expect any slowdowns at this CPU speed though.

Ben