Old September 10th 03, 09:54 AM
Ben Pope

ginfest wrote:
"@drian" wrote in message
OK, thats the 3rd time today (inthe ATI group, at least)....

We've seen the link!!!!

LOL!

@drian.

Evidentially he regrets purchasing his ATI card.

Actually I don't. I'm incredibly impressed by the speed and visual quality
of the graphics. Turning on 2xAA works for a start. I could have spent
more money on an nVidia and card and had less speed and less graphics
quality, but that sounds like a lose, lose, lose situation to me.

Admittedly Linux 3D Driver support is far better from nVidia than ATI, but
it's not like I'll be giving up Windows completely and playing games in
Linux. Not for a considerably while anyway. For a start getting most games
don't even support Linux. I have very little use for 3D graphics in Linux.

I'm happy with my purchase, and if somebody offered me the two cards (nVidia
5900 Ultra vs 9800 Pro) at the same price (Under £300) - I'd go with the ATI
again.

Thank you.

Ben