Old September 18th 03, 04:27 PM
Lester Piglet

Hi Wayne, my barton has been running 1.8v 211x11 for a week now with no
probs. It's a tad hot at 50c on watercooling, but the chip is safe to 85c so
wtf.

--
Les Ross
Certified by a
"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just got to the stage where I am 100% satisfied that my system is

working
great at stock settings. I have tested the memory timings, and I have
tested my FSB above 200MHz.

Now I am working on overclocking my cpu. When I first switched up to 11 x
200MHz from default 2500+ all I did to test the overclock was run MemTest
x86 from the boot floppy. Of course to really test the CPU overclock I
needed to run tests from WinXP itself, but I was a little anxious about
causing my boot-drive to become garbled from a dodgy CPU overclock (it's
happened to me before).

Anyhow even though it was working fine in MemTest x86 @ default Voltages,
once I got into WinXP (phew it booted fine) and ran Prime96 torture test,

it
would fail within a minute. . .pooh!

So it was time to up the Vco

1.65v @ 2.2GHz - Fail Prime95
1.675v @ 2.2GHz - Fail Prime95
1.7v @ 2.2GHz - Fail Prime95
1.725v @ 2.2GHz - Fail Prime95
1.75v @ 2.2GHz - Been running Prime95 for 10 hours so far!

Temps are up up course, hitting 46c Load so far, I had to crank up my
CoolerMaster Aero 7 LITE Fan to 100% to keep the temps down a few degrees.

I will leave prime95 running for a day (or two), then when I am happy it

is
Rock-Solid I will tinker with a higher FSB to add to the CPU overclock
(thinking 10.5 x 216MHz-FSB).

Is 1.75v ok to be running this chip at, as I said temps are ok so far. .

..I
hope it passes the Prime95 test as I don't really wanna raise Vcore above
1.75 if I can. . .

Wayne ][

P.S I have CPU interface enabled. Is there some options that make a CPU
overclock less stable? (spread-spectrum etc)