Old January 9th 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Is any Nvidia AGP GPU faster than an ATI X850 XL PE?

I remember seeing a 6800 Ultra somewhere factory overclocked and with 512MB
RAM.
Aha googling "6800 ultra 512" brought up quite a few! Looks like they are
all over $500 and I'll be curious to see if you find any in stock.
But would *that* be faster than ATI's fastest 850? I have no idea.
Looking at Tom's hardware's last VGA chart (Summer 2005), I see...
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/...vii/page2.html
The X850 XT PE is the king in most of the benchmarks.
And usually the X850 XT is just below it with sometimes even the X800
beating the 6800 Ultra.
The only benchmarks I saw where the 6800 Ultra won was Doom 3, Chronicles of
Riddick, and something called "Pacific Fighters".
That *is* the 256MB 6800 Ultra but hey I have no idea how much faster, if
any, the 512MB version is. It *could* have much faster core & mem like the
7800 GTX 512 vs. the 7800 GTX 256 but I don't know.
--
Scotter

"Rick S." wrote in message
ink.net...
As per subject. Looking to upgrade a Radeon 9700 Pro on a
3.8GHz AGP system. Does (or did) Nvidia make a controller
for AGP that's as fast as ATI's X850 XL?