Old December 15th 03, 05:37 PM
Paul Hopwood

Paul Hopwood wrote:

Anyone can do that... right?

Well, evidently ebuyer can't even manage that simple task!

For what it's worth, ebuyer responded via 'e-note'. What the f**k is
that all that about, this Internet thing they make their living from
happens to have it's own mechanism for sending notes - it's called
e-mail and I'm sure all of us use it, why the hell don't they?

Anyway, they said:

----
Dear Sir

Whilst processing your order we have discovered that the item(s)
listed above are not currently available to be dispatched.

Your card has been refunded and the order cancelled.

You have been issued 1 free shipping token* to cover the cost of
carriage on a replacement order.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any annoyance and
disappointment caused by this situation.

Please note that refunds can take 3 working days to clear (if
applicable)
----

Kinda proves, like most other vendors unfortunately, they don't
actually bother to *read* before responding from the pick n' mix
"can't be arsed to reply properly so here's some standard responses
completely unrelated to your query" bag.

Otherwise I'd wager they would of least realised out that I'd pointed
out that there was in excess of 100 of the item in stock according to
their system so what does "not currently available to be dispatched"
mean exactly? Are they lying about stock levels? Did someone loose
the key to the warehouse? Maybe they can't count? Or 100+ of their
staff all simultaneously decided to steal one each for christmas
presents?

I think I was also pretty clear about my intention never to order from
them again, so unless "1 free shipping token" has some resale value on
eBay, how exactly am I supposed to be impressed by this generous
gesture?

At least they're consistent and their ineptitude extends beyond their
simple inability to ship stock, eh? ;-)

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]