Old December 14th 03, 02:03 AM
mr_buggerlugs

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 01:02:46 -0000, Colin Wilson
wrote:

Some things never change Paul. You have my sympathies mate, maybe now
you'll understand better why I went to the bother of doing
ebuyerdotcon now......

What happened over that in the end ?

--

They sent the big gun lawyers in and nominet had their first ever
dispute over a co.uk domain containing dotcon.co.uk in it.

The site had done what I set out to do and it was taking up so much of
my time. I spoke to a few people in the industry and some journalists
and discovered the internet didn't offer the freedom of speech you'd
expect in reality. In the end I decided to call it a day. It just
wasn't worth the hassle.

Still I take some pleasure in knowing I cost them far more than the
amount I was ****ed off about just to threaten me with legal.

As a parting gesture I printed out every complaint I'd gathered up
during the year (some 75 pages), over 400 email addresses and around
100 home addresses of unhappy consumers and posted them all off to the
OFT and Trading standards.

On the funny side some guy bought my domain when I surrended it to
nominet, so he'll get some 5000+ hits a month for free to his shop. I
suspect he's had a letter from nominet by now too!