Old October 13th 03, 01:18 PM
Andy Bryant

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message t...
"Andy Bryant" wrote in message
om...

Update2 - The next day I get an eNote from them saying that the case
has been discontinued, and that my order had been cancelled. I just
don't get why they were unable to do this a month ago.

One question: Is it Ebuyer fault? No, it's the supplier which let down
ebuyer and their customers.

So, I don't see the point of this rant.

Yes - I believe that it is ebuyer's fault. I split the order, then
expected them to call their supplier to order the item. If they had
done this within a few days of me placing the order, then they would
have discovered the fact that the item had been discontinued.

Given the fact that the expected lead-time was 7-10 days for the whole
of the month, I am making the assumption that they simply loaded the
order onto their system, and waited for the item to be delivered. It
would appear that they only actually called their supplier at the end
of the month after numerours requests from me.

The thing that really annoyed me was that when I spoke to someone at
ebuyer, he assured me that the product manager had just spoken to the
supplier, who had confirmed that the item had been ordered, and would
be with them within 7-10 days. 2 hours later that same day I get an
eNote saying that the supplier had discontinued the product.

So either the ebuyer guy I spoke to was giving me the standard
response, and was lying about checking with the supplier; or it is
possible that their supplier screwed up & called back to recount the
delivery commitment later that day.

I gave ebuyer plenty of opportunities to tell me this. I also sent
them a complaint eNote, which they simply closed without responding.
No redress. No offer of an eVoucher, or an explanation of what
happened.

Andy.