Old January 6th 05, 05:25 AM
Trent©

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:25:51 -0500, "Zip" wrote:

I recently installed an old Maxtor 7120AT into my AMD 2800+ machine running
Win XP. The machine correctly identifies the Maxtor drive as a slave, and
mounts it on the file system as drive F:. The control panel reports this
device as a "Maxtor 7120 AT". When I open the F drive in Windows, the drive
is reported as having a capacity of 123 MB (correct), 8 MB free (seems
correct) and FAT (it was running Windows 3.11). However, no files can be
found on the drive when exploring from Windows. The directory of F: from the
command line:

F:\dir
Volume in drive F has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 1D91-5DCC

Directory of F:\

05/31/1994 06:22 AM 54,645 COMMAND.COM
1 File(s) 54,645 bytes
0 Dir(s) 8,513,536 bytes free

Any ideas as to what I can do to troubleshoot this? I'd like to think that
someone on this drive there are over 100 MB of files to find, other than
command.com

Thanks.

I think N9 may have nailed it!!

An easier way to check it...

Just install the drive as the boot drive. The drivers for the
compressed volume is on the drive...and need to be loaded at boot.

Then, as N9 suggested, just copy those files to another drive.

Good luck.

Have a nice one...

Trent©