Old July 24th 03, 12:48 AM
edde

"Graham Hoyle" wrote in message
. ..
There`s a lot to take in here, and you seem to have done most
things already so it`s probably a fault with the 5900

I saw from http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...x/overview.htm
that your Mobo is for the 2700+ upwards processor, yet you have a 2600.
I don`t know if this makes any difference, Do they use the same Core?

The only other thing to look at is the BIOS settings for AGP voltages
and timings and stuff, of which I pretty well know sod-all.

I suppose you`ve enabled 8X AGP in BIOS? (Stupid question I know)
Alteranively Short the CMOS jumper to completely reset your
BIOS settings and start again.

I`m not rubbing it in but I have an MSI FX5900 on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
and it went in without any trouble at all.

Good luck

Same, I have an MSI FX5900 on an Asus A7N8X Deluxe and it works great! Using
44.71 drivers.