Old February 12th 05, 04:06 PM
Augustus

"Jimmy" wrote in message
I have this card:
http://home.comcast.net/~prototracer...s/Firewire.jpg

This came with Pinnacle Studio DV a few years ago. My question is what is
the white cable connector used for on the back of the card. What would the
internal firewire connector be used for and are there any features this
card has over any other firewire card installed? I have since upgraded to
Studio 8 and replaced this card with an ATI AIW 7500. Would I gain
anything by installing this card along with other wirefire connectors I
already have on my sound card?

Power for the on-card firewire ports. You'll find this connector on some AIW
8500 cards as well, and people wonder about whether or not the power
connector is required for normal operation. Only if the firewire is used. If
you have functioning usable firewire ports and your AIW 7500 is doing
everything you need to do, it's not necessary to put this card back in.