Old November 12th 04, 12:35 AM
Soib

BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious wrote that on 11/11/2004 16:28:
Maybe a dumb question, but did you try the Options menu within the game
itself? Like, run the game, look for a resolution setting in there?

Hi,

Sorry for my previous answer. Too fast !
After sending it (bad manipulation), I checked again and I've found a
config.txt file for Santa Klaus game in which there is a parameter to
define the resolution. I modified it to 1280x800 and Santa Klaus turns
in full screen now :-)))
Sorry, I think I was really tired when I've checked configuration
setting to miss this config.txt file !!! And did I really uninstall and
re-install it ? Terrible doubt
About Happyland game, I've checked FreeLunchDesign forum (that's a good
idea, isn't it, why didn't I checked it before ?). It seems that the
problem is known. Some graphic cards have problem to execute the game in
fullscreen mode.
About Doom, the maximum definition is ... 640x480 but there is a
parameter to expand in fullscreen mode which is not effective.
I met the same problem with Directx Diagnostic. The test of DirectDraw
or Direct3D fails in switching in fullscreen mode.
It seems to be a limitation of the couple Compaq Presario R3000EA series
plus ATI mobility Radeon 9000 IGP graphic chip, probably located in the
driver, customized by HP !!

So the question is how to switch in fullscreen mode on this Compaq
Presario R3117EA ? Is it possible ?

Thanks for your help,

Soib